In this warm, wise book, clinical psychologist Dr Emma Hepburn introduces her proven and practical tools for taking care of your mental and emotional wellbeing every day.
Using her trademark illustrations, Dr Hepburn (aka @thepsychologymum) shines a welcome ray of light into the neglected corners of your brain.
From identifying what triggers unhappy thoughts to overcoming the fear of making mistakes, A Toolkit for Modern Life will help you to cultivate positive habits and feel more confident, happier and in tune with yourself.
- Call out and manage feelings of imposter syndrome
- Answer back to your inner critic
- Become aware of and monitor your emotional capacity
- Spot unhelpful thoughts and develop more helpful patterns of thinking
- Understand how the emotions cycle affects you
- Identify what triggers anxiety for you and how to intercept it
- Overcome the fear of making mistakes
- Spot and call out your 'catastrophizing'
- Identify and disarm social media comparisons
- Align your decisions and actions with your core values
- Assemble your own mental health toolkit for life