An Australian expat in Berlin, Kim is jobless, rootless, and - as she's slowly discovering - somewhat useless. That is until a chance encounter with Matthew, a hotshot New York literary agent, gives Kim the direction she's been craving.
This year she will:
- Finally write her novel
- Decide what said novel is actually about
- Romantically pin down the increasingly flighty Matthew
- Be less jealous of sharing attention with best friend Bel's baby
- Convince her therapist that the amount of artichokes she eats doesn't classify as an eating disorder
- Stay sane in the process of achieving the above
Can sad girls ever have happy endings?